See the README in charm/installers/android dir (2.7-dev branch) for a clean approach to build & embed Charm in Android apps using the android-python27 project: https://code.google.com/p/android-python27/. This version only works with Python 2.7 and the 3.x version is currently very buggy.
Here are the simple instructions for deploying Charm:
- Install Python3ForAndroid.apk found in github repository on your Android device.
- Install the SL4A package at the following link: https://android-scripting.googlecode.com/files/sl4a_r5.apk.
- Charm Advanced Setup: Download pkg_resources.py and place in the appropriate place using the ADB tool. Configure your device to enable the android debug bridge and connect to your machine via USB. Next, use adb to push the pkg_resources.py and charm-schemes to a specified location on your SD card. Execute the following command:
- adb push pkg_resources /mnt/sdcard/com.googlecode.python3forandroid/extras/python3/lib/python3.2/site-packages
- adb push schemes /mnt/sdcard/sl4a/scripts/schemes
See more detailed blog posts on installing Charm on Android: